Wound care 101
Updated: Jan 18
What happens when you get a cut or a bruise? What is it that you can do to heal and treat it. Furthermore, what is the best thing that you can do for yourself when you suffer a mid to surface level wound.
1. First things first, you have to clean the wound and make sure that no air passes through broken skin. It slows down healing and can lead to the wound healing twice as slow.
2. The next thing is that the wound should not be in touch with anything that is septic and maligned with germs.
3. Apply a good antiseptic and healing ointment on your wound to accelerate the healing process.
4. Always leave your wound scab on, it is a natural band aid and will protect your open wound from further infection.
5. Once you are done with the basic first aid. It is important to take care of the wound and change dressings once every 24 hrs.
6. Apply antiseptic every time you change dressing.