ACIDITY 9 WAYS OF REDUCING ACIDITY
Ever eaten a spicy meal and start feeling a burning feeling in your chest ? Worry not ! that feeling is called acidity. Acidity is a condition in wich the atomach acid and or bile flows back into your food pipe and causes irritation that is felt as a heartburn.
1. FENNEL OR SAUNF Having around 1 teaspoon fennel powder with a glass of warm water relieves acidity and its symptoms like heartburn, bloating and improves digestion.
2. TULSI SEEDS OR SABJA Tulsi seeds or sabja are one of the best ways to combat acidity.
3. EATING ALKALINE FOODS LIKE BANANAS Bananas are fairly alkaline foods that will help to counteract the acid in your stomach.
4. CALCIUM CARBONATE Calcium carbonate or choona is a fairly alkaline substance that when A PINCH (1mg in 1 litre of water) of it is taken with water it'll give you relief. Do not exceed the dosage amount or it will cause you severe burns in your throat.
5. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR Apple Cider Vinegar contains proteins, enzymes and pectin making it a highly nutritious addition to your diet. Some people claim that acid reflux may be caused by reduced amounts of stomach acid and this vinegar can introduce more acid into the system. However, further research is required.
6. RESISIT THE URGE TO OVEREAT OR EAT QUICKLY Eat before sunset so your stomach had enough time to digest the food and you dont go to sleep with food pushing against your chest when laying horizontally. This is a problem that occurs more easily in people of old age as their spincter muscles weaken as they grow older.